RELIEF is a project based on a Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) process. Pre-Commercial Procurement is a method for procuring R&Dservices, or of the result of R&D services, with the purpose of developing a new product or solution. So far, in Europe, PCP has been an under-utilized tool for promoting innovation.
In this case, the new solution sought to find an ICT solution to help chronic patients to self-manage their pain and continue independent living at home. From the point of view of the health professionals, this will enhance health care; from the patients’ point of view, this will increase their the quality of life.
In this project, PSiNET contibutes to the evaluation of the solutions presented to the tender and, in special, to evaluate the user experience.
The mid-term objectives of RELIEF are:
- To establish, and execute, an agreed PCP process to run a cross-border PCP call for tender.
- To use the PCP process developed in the project to identify new technologies and services to support chronic patients in the management and relief of their pains.
- To improve the health care processes in chronic conditions.
To reach the main objective:
- To improve the quality of life of chronic pain patients through an ICT solution.
- Bravosolution (BS) (coord)
- Servicio Andaluz de Salud (SAS)
- GIP Réseau des Acheteurs Hospitaliers (Resah)
- Uppsala lans landsting (CCU)
- Sph conseil (SPH)
- Open University of Catalonia- PSiNET research group. Eulàlia Hernández and Manuel Armayones (UOC)
All the materials are avaliable from the website of the project
With the collaboration of: